Baptism

Hello friends! So this installment of my blog I will be talking about my baptism and all of the events that led up to it.
Continuing from my last post I had decided to get baptized, little did I know at the time that wasn't possible, I was living with my boyfriend at the time so I wasn't doing the right thing. I was so upset and I cried, right in front of the Elders I was so humiliated and so upset. They then offered a blessing, and I took it, and in that blessing Heavenly Father told me that everything would work out. I continued to receive the lessons and I really was struggling with the whole coffee thing, but I did it. Then something in our lives changed and due to some unforeseen circumstances happened and he had to move back to his dads and live there, so I was able to finally get baptized and so we had another set of Elders come over and he interviewed me for my baptism and I filled the paperwork out and we set the date for October 28th, 2017. On that day I woke up at about 5am (my baptism was scheduled for I think 8 or 9 am) and my best friend Korrie was there with me, my boyfriend at the time came and picked us up and we were off to the church, we got there about 30 minutes before and we just sat in the car and I was thinking and pondering about all of these beautiful promises that I would be receiving that day. about 15 minutes prior the Elders finally got there and  Elder Johnson and I went and got dressed in the designated white clothing. I felt more and more anxious in a really good way as time was getting closer and closer and everyone was starting to come in and sit down, first up was Elder Korban Greenhalgh gave the talk about baptism and it was extremely moving and then sister Sarah Lee ( a truly amazing friend that I dearly love) gave the talk about the Holy Ghost and then it was time to get baptized, as I walked into the bathwater-warm baptismal font I got the feeling that Heavenly Father was truly there and so very proud of me, and Elder Johnson was smiling ear to ear the same as I as he dunked me into the water and was lifted back up I felt so clean and so free from sin and after I was out of the water Elder Johnson and I were both so happy that we just embraced into a hug. As I got dried off I was just reflecting on what had just happened I felt just so happy and so warm and fuzzy inside, I truly felt accepted and clean by Heavenly Father and I knew that I had made the right decision as I came back into the room we sang another hymn. After it was over everyone welcomed me into the ward with open arms and I felt so loved at that moment and just so happy. I have all of these cards that people have written me and whenever I get down I just sit and read them. 




My quote for this post is "The first step on the path to eternal life is baptism" -Delbert Stapley
My scripture for today is 2Nephi 31:17"The gate which ye shall enter is repentance and baptism by water"





Thank you so much for reading this everyone and a special thank you to Jared Hurst, Elder Johnson, Elder Greenhalgh, Sister Alapa, Jennifer Bradley, Kelsey Mower, Ali Duzett, Mitch Palmer, Elder Larson, and Elder Davies.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Missionaries